- Subject: education
- Region of promotion: Moscow and Moscow Oblast
- Domain age: 1 year
- Work start date: 1 June 2017
- Case renewal: 10 January 2019
- Minimum goal: increase sales and traffic from search engines two-fold
- Maximum goal: get the website to the TOP of Yandex and Google.
- About 450 pages, half of which didn’t contain any important information;
- Content with little information, slightly over-spammed content, cannibalism;
- The site was promoted using old SEO-methods;
- Mediocre unadaptive design with numerous technical mistakes;
- Leased backlinks;
- Unique product images;
- Average traffic – 40 people per day. Maximum 120 people during sales season.
What was done
The site needed to move to a new domain.
That’s why we registered a new drop-domain in the .ru area with:
- a few good backlinks,
- 30% of pages in the index,
- age of 7 years,
- good history of the education-themed previous website.
- Composed a semantic core, divided by the new corrected site structure.
- Redesigned the website entirely to make it competitive and adaptive.
- Added a review section, FAQ, processed the photos, published unique videos.
- Accelerated website loading speed.
- Added an online consultant, a callback option.
- Changed and optimized all the pages according to clustered queries.
- Rewrote Title, Description, H1 to make them selling and unique.
- Added micromarking, which led to star rating appearing in Google results.
- Wrote and published new articles every month.
- Manually interlinked the pages.
- Unpromoted pages were deleted from the index and closed to indexing.
- The main emphasis was placed on the promoted pages. We purchased a group in Twitter for quick indexation and traffic social links.
The main strategy was reduced to minimal purchase of links from relevant websites. We got 90% social links and 10% of other links.
We placed the emphasis on the increase in behavioural factor:
- increase in website browsing time, depth of viewing;
- direct visits;
- clickability in the search results.
Consumer activity dynamics
Yandex visibility dynamics
After the website got to the TOP (94% visibility based on 513 queries) a decision was made to create a second website. Its dynamics is denoted by the blue line and amounts to 65%.
Google visibility dynamics
All high frequency queries were propelled to the TOP.